Thursday, April 1, 2010

Suuuuuppooosedly . . .


I'm supposed to be a writer.
I have my doubts.
Don't get me wrong, I think there's a hidden nugget of talent in what I do, but I also know some other writers that blow me out of the water. I recently read a Stephen King book, The Stand, that made me want to commit author-suicide. Just burn everything I've ever tried to write and pretend to be an engineer or scientist or something. There's no way I'll ever reach that level of writing so why even try? Because Stephenie Meyers made it I suppose. She doesn't write like Stephen King but I still catch myself thinking her characters are real. That has to count for something. Not to undermine her writing. I'd pretty much do any number of criminal activities to be considered in the same caliber as either of these authors.


So. Onward.

2 comments:

  1. If it counts for anything, I thoroughly enjoy reading your book reviews on GoodReads.. :) They are very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It counts for a lot! I'm glad someone thinks I'm entertaining in any way, shape, or form. I'll take it.

    ReplyDelete